I just recently bought my iPad so I haven't used it yet to listen to music. I use my phone a lot for music so once I get music downloaded onto my iPad I am sure I will use it more for that as well. I checked out the iTunes Store and found all of the artists I looked up. It is good to know they have the music I like available. That is usually not the case when I am using my phone apps for music. I have to use multiple music apps on my Galaxy S5 in order to listen the music I enjoy.
I really enjoyed learning about the Music app on my iPad. It has a radio section where I set up my own personal radio stations to listen to each genre of music and the different decades I like as well. This is exciting stuff! It also allows me to set up my own playlists, artist lists, songs, albums, genres, compilations, and composers. Wow! And, if I really like a song they play, I can purchase it up in the right hand corner with just one click! I can also share my stations with whoever I chose. I will definitely be using this app personally!
The radio stations are a great way to research the ways music has changed over the decades. The students could listen to a song from each decade and see if there is a trend in the changes or not. It also exposes them to other forms of art (different genres). Knowledge is power and learning can be fun! Music is a great way to relate to students, help them process their emotions, and build relationships. I could see myself using this app with my students. I also love the controls in the app that allow me to block explicit music from being played in the classroom. This will help with the older students a lot!
No comments:
Post a Comment